Search DVD Collections

Not signed in (Sign In)

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Is DVDCollections an ex-forum? Seems like it's esteemed leader has abandoned it!

I'll turn out the lights shall I?

• CommentAuthorelpaolo
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012

hopefully not... I'll check the forum every day. But lately there aren't any great deals. Zavvi and the Hut had great deals at the end of 2011, but not anymore. Also not many discountcodes...

• CommentAuthoreldonion
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012

Yes all is not lost
    I check the forum pages frequently, but the time after Christmas is one for paying off the bills not adding to them!

I know grant and the others are hopefully still there and occasionally seeing what's happening
    (The odd comment to show you still care would always be welcome!)

The price comparison is a godsend so whilst i haven't posted many comments recently the site is still actively in use by me

• CommentAuthoreldonion
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

here is another old post that is still relevant

Yes this blog is still useful to me and a very few others (At least very few who still bother to post,) but i still find it very useful for ideas and also the price comparison pages.

I'm not sure if the original creators of this site still occasionally look (Hello Grant!) but at least they can still see a few people who still actively use the site.

If you use this site then please just add a quick message at least then i will know i am not alone in the universe!!!!

•  
      CommentAuthorgrant
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2016

You’re not alone eldonion! Good to see you're still keeping the forum afloat :-)

Unfortunately I’ve barley been on DVD Collections as had to work on some other sites seeing DVD sales aren't what they used to be when it launched 9 years ago - can’t believe it’s been that long!

Just checked the stats and the site still gets around 1,000 visitors a day but the forum’s averaging under 10 a day - so while the lights aren’t quite out they’re definitely flickering!

So apologies I won’t be around much but I’ve no plans to switch the site off so you can keep using it until DVDs are as rare as laser discs ;-)

All the best,

Grant

• CommentAuthoreldonion
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2016

Hello Grant, it's been a long time!

It's interesting (and surprising) to see 1000+ site visits a day
    Glad to see you'll keep the lights on.

It's a shame about the DVD physical copies as been a collectoholic I really like to see full sets displayed for all to see (You can't do that with digital downloads!)

Unfortunately i'm a bit of a dinosaur and my children would almost never dream of buying physical copies when it's all Wi Fi and downloads these days

So i'm afraid it's a slow slippery slope downwards for DVD's and Bluerays.

Mind you they said the same about music LP's and look whats happened there!!

But at least with sites like these we can keep up the collections for quite a few years yet!